Saturday, October 4, 2008

Still Kickin'

Tough Boy:

1) Find a way to connect to people.

2) Focus on one thing at a time.

3) Be patient.

4) Do something you enjoy doing.

----------------------------------------------------------------



I think I quickly became overwhelmed with the idea of doing something positive from my beyond-negative-words experience with my concussion. This recovery has been kickin' my butt! There are so many things I want to write, so many things I want to share. I got overwhelmed as I made notes about them, or as I was trying new things... becoming overwhelmed is something that happens to me waaaaaaaay to easily these days.

I have a very difficult time dealing with any stress - so much as a single small email I receive - the thought of replying can sometimes be waaaaaaaay to much! This stress leads to a catapult of horrible events in which set me back days and weeks at a time. I have tons to write, tons to talk about, tons to tell people and a zillion ways I want to educate the world about what I've read and found out about what I've been going through. I will get it together eventually! I promise!! But I've had to take a deep breath, and I'll have to go really slow... and prevent myself from getting completely overwhelmed!! And then I'll post some ideas about how to not get completely overwhelmed if I find something that works.

And I'm so glad to hear from BrokenBrilliant! I have a lot to say about things you've written recently - it's just the overwhelming piece... kinda stepped in my way. But I still read everything!!! So glad you found practioners you could relate with... so critical with anything healthcare!

And to Dr. Rutledge (I'm not really sure how to email you... wellsphere looks awesome! But I couldn't figure out your email right away... I hope you look at this!!) - and to anyone else - feel free to feature my blog, mention it, add it to your link list, or comment about it. I hope to one day put enough down to go out and educate all about this relm of mTBI... and this blogging community is such an amazing way to start, to gather feedback, and to ultimately gain ground in a promising direction without failing (hopefully not failing...).


PS. I was reading my last post, because people commented on it (thank you!) And I'm embarrassed to have noticed my spelling mistakes and words I used incorrectly. Ugh. I sound so uneducated! But as I get better I hope to become more fluent in the English language again - I promise I know the difference between to, too, and two; and the difference between the verb 'peek' and the noun 'peak.'

1 comment:

DrGeoff said...

Hi NEdream26,
Just wanted to say I like what you are doing with your blog, and would be pleased to send you an invitation to join the Health Bloggers network on Wellsphere -- just send me your email to Dr.Rutledge@wellsphere.com
Cheers, and good luck, Geoff