Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Good News :)

After 16 months of recovery and a ton of re-learning... I took the national pharmacy boards (NAPLEX) and the law exam required for licensure as a pharmacist. Today I got the letter that I PASSED THE NAPLEX!!! YAY!!

I failed the law though...

But I passed the big one!!!

At the rate I have had to re-learn my vocabulary, my spelling, my reading, my writing, my addition and multiplication tables... the information was difficult to 'get through,' but six years of pharmacy school was coming back just as slowly. The great thing is that it was able to come back. And hopefully still will - because I still feel very uncomfortable with what I know that I don't know anymore... The old connections just aren't there anymore and I need to foster new ones to replace them.

However, I am not a Registered Pharmacist yet. I have to also pass the Law exam - which I failed this first time around. But others have failed that before too. Even people who weren't re-learning how to change a lightbulb a year ago.

All of this is just another step while taking one slow step at a time. I have no real goals with time limits right now. And that has to be enough for everyone who's expecting me to be 'everything and more.' It will happen. It has to happen. It might not happen... but asking "when?!" isn't going to hurry it all along!

The NAPLEX was a huge milestone in this long recovery. Just graduating college with my PharmD was a milestone. And when I become an RPh, that will be another.

2 comments:

Colette Amelia said...

Congratulations! And with that victory the stress should decrease and with less of that the brain and energy levels will increase!

I am really happy for all of your wonderful news!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That's quite an accomplishment. And I'm sure it's going to open up the way for even more successes in the future.

This is huge, dude. It really is. The more education and credentials you get, the more good you can do in this crazy world... and with your insider knowledge of TBI and how it affects... well, everything.... you're bound to do a tremendous amount of good.

Use those credentials wisely -- I'm sure you will.

Just be patient with yourself and hang in there, if things suddenly stop skating right along -- remember, even if you feel like you're talking two steps forward and one step back, you're still moving forward. And you've moved so far forward, in just the (relatively) short time since your injury, things can only go up from here. For sure.

Congratulations again.

Be well

BB