Monday, August 4, 2008

"If I can dream of a warmer sun, where hope keeps shining on everyone..." -Elvis

No-Brainers for Tough Boys:
1) Laugh

2) Think about laughing

------------------------------------------------------------------

I've had some lousy past few days. I'd like to explain my prerogative a little, but may not be able to muster the sentences together tonight. But here's a start of what I would like to do...

I will probably write my heart out on something I've found or tips that I feel are helpful for my daily functioning/feeling more comfortable while recovering from a brain injury (Nov '07) that's literally changed my world. Then I will most likely pick out the "important" points to take away and bullet them at the top. Why? Because (on days like today) when someone struggling with the changes of their brain is on an "off" day; sometimes it's hard to register any and every thing they read. Sometimes it'd just be easier if someone said "well, the point of the story was..." or "the only thing you need to know is..." rather than having to read everything yourself. And although I've always been able to write, sometimes I ramble and may be struggling to put words together effectively to make sense.
------------------------------------------------------------------

So tonight, I was just trying to keep my brain moving on random short articles about... whatever. I have no idea what I was reading for most of the time. There were moments when I would have to tell myself out loud to "read the words!!" It's so frustrating. But then there were a few times when I enjoyed a story and it was short enough (and easy) to read and comprehend.

In relation to struggling with a brain injury - my muscles all around my neck, shoulders and back have been relentless this weekend and will not loosen up. I'm very uncomfortable, dizzy and confused. And I'll save the migraine talk for later. A naturopathic physician that I had seen back in December had suggested a lot of stress might be adding to the pain. He told me to think positively with the phrase, "I'm getting better in every way, every day."

Now in my mindless wandering online, I came across these two brief articles that are kind of exploring the healing and hope in optimism and laughter. Or at least grounds for stress relief. Maybe I'll watch a funny movie tomorrow and see if my neck muscles will take a rest for a bit!!

No comments: