Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Boston Children's Hospital Brain Injury Program


Play Ball Tough Boy!!
------------------

It's Red Sox Opening Day!!!!!!!!!!!
So hence the Fenway Park photo that I took last April 9, 2008 - a few games into the season last year. However, I had no clue it was one of the first games because I didn't know anything that was going on, in any situation, at any time...

I even caught a foul ball, too... but I was soooooooooo out of it! And every time I would stand up to cheer... I would lose my eye sight or almost pass out. Ugh! The music was too loud, there were too many people around, the lights were bright... my favorite place to be was now becoming a place I'd have to avoid for a little while...

Needless to say, I'm ready for the new Season!!!!!! I really really hope to be able to catch some more games than I was able to last year. And I really hope that I can enjoy them and 'be there' instead of zoning out, getting a migraine, or just forgetting where I am or what's going on.


Anyway - while watching the opening day ceremony, I've been getting more and more excited!! And then the game is ready to start!!!! They go to quick commercials before starting up....

The first commercial: Children's Hospital talking about their Brain Injury Program

I didn't know they had one??? Well, I'm sure they did... but holy smokes!! Way to advertise on NESN!! And if you click the link I provided, you can see the little commercial they made with the Bruin's Patrice Bergeron!

Just another reminder to kids, don't be a Tough Boy... protect your brain. It's the only one you've got. Wear a helmet! And spread the word!!

This is the link to the actual Children's Hospital Brain Injury Program page - the above one is the link on NESN w/the commercial.

YAY!!! GO. RED. SOX!!!! WOOO HOOO!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so great! I wish that there had been a children's brain injury program available to my parents when I was injured as a child. I'm so glad things have changed in the past 35 years. It makes me very hopeful for our future!

Unknown said...

Hi,

This is the assistant editor for Hospital.com which is a medical publication offering hospital news, information and reviews. We also cover a wide variety of medical issues, one of which being Children's Health and the importance of choosing the right hospital. You will notice articles on this topic under Children's tab. If possible I would like Hospital.com to be included within your blog roll, offering our information as a resource to your readers. Please let me know if this addition can be made.

Please email me back with your URL in subject line to take a step ahead and to avoid spam.

Thank you
Mary Miller,
may.hospital.com@gmail.com